Answer by Ritwik Raghav:
You say you are Introvert… and wish to change.. Go read "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain.
You will definitely change and will begin feeling proud of being introvert.
Introverts are highly effective quiet influencers who use their natural strengths to make a big difference without making a lot of noise. You see, introverts are being recognised for their pros in today's world. The trends say it:
1. Flattened organizations. Gone are the days when decisions were passed up the hierarchical ladder. Now there are many paths to a decision, which opens up all kinds of space for different types of influence—including the quiet kind.
2. Global businesses. Traditional extroverted approaches may work well in U.S.-centric organizational cultures, but leaders with more reflective, low-key influencing styles will be much more effective in many other regions of the world, such as Asia.
3. Virtual activity. Introverts have been drawn to social media because it lets them use their strengths and better manage their communication. Quiet influencers, who have already invested in learning and using social media, are poised to affect tomorrow’s change more quickly than influencers who have ignored these technologies.
4. Heightened competition. Companies are seeking suppliers and employees who bring fresh, innovative approaches. The truth is, extrovert-centric self-promotion and loud persuasion are passé. Today, people stand out from the crowd if they have a knack for building up others and are committed to listening instead of talking.
So, why change?
Advantages to Introverts:
10) Work Well With Others, Especially In One-to-One Relationships
9) Maintain Long-Term Friendships
6) Strong Ability To Concentrate
3) Creative, Out-of-the-Box thinking
2) Analytical Skills That Integrate Complexity
1) Studious and Smart
Being Introvert is a blessing.. use it to your advantage.